View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 17:18   #37
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Battle of the Hubs - The Prequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just to check what you typed - did you say

"I am willing to prove I might be wrong with it but it won't change my opinion on it"?

So you state that Peter isn't neutral and won't see both sides of the argument, then you state even if you are proven wrong, it won't change your mind?
fair point there hugh but i dnt think i meant it the way it has came across

if the test prove it wireless and trasner speeds are better than i think it will change my mind and say i am wrong

but it wot change my mind on not liking it and to prefer a modemthat is only a modem

does that make sense? i am nutral in the test i wont bias it to my way if the test show it better than i always say ie it is crap i will stop refering to it as crap and only say you might havea fulty shub

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

i would jsut liek to give a example of what i mean so hopefully it is clear i would be neutral but still have my own opinion

OK here is two examples

we have say two gigabit switches and prior to the test i claim the cheap one is **** and crap and the netgear one is one i prefer and is much better

say a cheap unknown brand costing say £10 and we have say a netgeat one hat costs say £100

both are 5 port switch

So i test teh throguhtput of say the cheap one and it has a throughput of say 105MB/s and then i test the netgear one and it has a throughput of say 95MB/s, the cheap one correctly auto negetioes teh speed at gigabit full duplex where as the netgear one only auto getnaties to 100mb full duplex but does gigabit full duplex when setting the pc card to that instead of auto

that would be some of the tes ti do i would do other but for this example it is really improtant the test but the fgures, so from the tests i would conclude that teh cheap gigabit switchs outperforms the branded netgear one, so form then on out i would not refer to it as crap and **** i would say perofrmance wise and for price the cheap one is the best option but personally i would chosoe the netgear as that is my opinion but it isnt the best

another example two tvs

so we have two tvs with similar specs

one tv is a lg something another and the other is samsung something another

from testing i find the lg outperforms in a lot the same specs than teh samsung one so from then on out i will recommend and say teh lg is better than sasmsung but my perosnal choice and opinion is to go with samsung since it is abetter brand in my iopnion but test conducted by myself show for similar tv and price the lg one is better

does that explain what i mean by neutral and but not chanign my mind????
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote