View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010, 22:17   #9
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Improve Ping Test Results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzyUK View Post
I don't know how to use newsgroups, couldn't I just phone VM Technical Support?
Yeah - you can do that if you want to bang your head against a brick wall. Worth a try just once at around 08:30 when you might get a UK agent.

Otherwise, if you're on Vista or Windows 7, you would use Windows Live Mail (a standard part of your system). To get on the VM Newsgroup you need to be operating through the VM broadband system.

In Windows Live Mail, you'd click the "Newsgroups" link at the bottom of the screen and then Tools/Accounts then Add/Newsgroup Account.

Give your Display Name (like kiloman), your e-mail address then your server address for the newsgroup which is "news.virginmedia.com".

You'll then be able (via the Newsgroups menu item) to select the Virgin media icon on the left of a search panel, click on "All" and wait a few minutes till it's finished listing thousands of newsgroups.

Scroll down to "Virginmedia.support.broadband.cable" and double click it.

And you're there. You can post your stuff including any evidence you've collected.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote