Thread: Router Config
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 12:43   #11
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Hey again,

Ok, I managed to set the PC im on, to the DMZ (With my computers internal IP).. and then Set up the 2 virtual ports for the games server, the same way.

I hosted the game, and it works fine!.. I thought great, Il go install the game on my other computer (which has a direct connection to the router), and then change the router config, so its that computer thats in the DMZ, and Has the virtual ports open for it.

I thought this was defiently going to work, but it hasnt

The computers runnin Win98, 266mhz, 96mb Ram, My computers WinXP, 1800, 512 Ram. Dont think this'l be much help anyway..But, If anyones got any advice on how to get around this, then i'd be greatful. Dont know if this is relevent, But both computers share each others files/printers, etc.. through the router :\

Im after another computer anyway, somewhere between 400-700mhz, To just use to host.. If anyones got any lying around

Thanks for the help.
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote