View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:33   #1
Sugnid
Inactive

Services: Big Kahuna Package
Sugnid is an unknown quantity at this point
2 days in and already thinking of cancelling.... (VERY Slow Broadband Speeds)

I had the 30MB superhub installed on Wednesday afternoon - I was at work so g/f's parents sat in for the install. 1st box didn't work, 2nd one connected fine.

So I got in from work, cracked on the laptop and as suggested, ran a speedtest through a wired connection from the hub to my laptop. Got a result of 31MB. Not bad I thought.

However, when running a premium direct link download, I found myself only getting a max of 4mb. Not impressed. I put it down to it being peak times and decided to try again the next day.

So yesterday evening came, got home, switched on the hub and then found myself running the speedtest to get a measley 0.5m result. Wired connection - slightly better but nothing to be impressed about.

This morning - booted up the laptop, tried a speedtest and got a result of 10MB. Thought ok, maybe a reboot might get me back up and running, not peak times anymore. Did it work? 0.5kb once again.

You can add in the fact that iphones and ipads fail to connect to a network that it's hub is only 2 meters away....

I've used CCcleaner to get rid of any extra crap that might be lurking on my laptop so it's nothing on that front. My laptop is old - I will admit and by reading these forums, was never under the illusion I would get "up to 30MB" speeds until I get a wireless N adapter, but even still, to only get a paltry 2mb on a wired connection is pretty appauling if you ask me.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? I'm a decent bloke, and all I want is some fast broadband to use.

Be serious - am I going to have to look into forking out £130 for a BT line because I haven't been impressed with Virgin so far.....
Sugnid is offline   Reply With Quote