View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 23:55   #2965
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
I will be focusing completely on the 2006/2007 trials whilst making sure to mention which laws would still be broken if they deployed the current model in the present day (Fraud Act 2006, RIPA, Copyright, DPA, PECR).

That doesn't mean man in the middle attacks or any other uses of the technology shouldn't be debated in this thread. I don't recall anyone saying they were going to raise the issue of Man in the Middle attacks at the public meeting.

Of course, if as we expect this is just another PR arena, I doubt I will be given the opportunity to ask any questions, because that would be a really stupid thing for them to do.

With regards the comment someone made about a QC, QCs don't scare me, I have dressed down more than one top legal professional in front of a Judge before now (barristers) and utterly embarrassed them in the process (much to the amusement of the presiding Judge).

Alexander Hanff
On the events page at 80/20 Thinking's website it does say "Panel discussion with audience". Of course, discussions can be misled by the panellists and the chair needs to be seen to be active against such things. Especially as I'm sure there will be people there who will report on any things transpiring that prevent proper discussion of the issues.

If it is just a PR stunt then it will be reported and exposed as such. Spin is always best countered with well presented facts.

I've personally bitchslapped a former Lord Mayor twice (he didn't learn the first time) and one very well known leader in his sector, as well as kicked quite a few backsides elsewhere.

There's plenty of ar5e kicking power here on the forum as we've already seen - titles mean nothing.