Thread: HD is overrated
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2009, 10:36   #44
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: HD is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by moroboshi View Post
Saying HD is over-rated is a pretty bizarre thing to say. It's obviously a vast, vast improvement over SD, the raw stats alone prove that. If you can't see the difference then the fault lies not with HD, but with the viewer and/or the viewing equipment.

Personally I very rarely watch SD anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

I have a 50" 1080p KURO and it's leagues ahead of my old Panasonic 32" W/S CRT. Far, far sharper and with no colour bleed, bloom, or the general blur of a CRT. It gives the most natural picture I've ever seen from a TV, and the 24fps mode is superb for movies. That is's also vastly thinner is a nice bonus.

And when was the last time you saw a 50 or 60" CRT? I don't recall ever seeing one larger than 36". CRTs are dead and good riddance I say.
No wonder you don't watch much SD any more with a TV that size but you're an exception rather than Mr Average Household. The biggest selling LCD size in the UK is only 32in, and the difference between HD and SD on the smaller screen isn't "vast, vast" - it's notable, but not to the point where you'd stop watching SD as unwatchable.
(Besides, if you have a 50in TV there's no way you could accomodate a CRT that size without building an extension! )
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote