Thread: HD is overrated
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2009, 23:02   #37
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: HD is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Entirely disagree.

Neither plasmas nor LCD will EVER get to the quality of a CRT. An HD CRT will make any other screen pale in comparison, even the Kuros that are widely regarded as the greatest plasmas ever. The only reason people think that CRTs are inferior is because of their size and the lack of HD CRTs in this country. Sadly fashion ruled over function with TVs and the inferior picture of plasma and LCD won out because they were thiner, not because they were anywhere near as good.

There's a reason why CRTs are still used exclusively in the TV and film industry.
i dont know these new 1080p lcds do look fantastic with blue ray and the brightness issue is starting to be not tht much of an issue ( though i mostly watch films with lights down even with crt )

and for small tvs the size as in depth advantage out wieghs and other problems

again thouugh as to what they call HD on sky or virgin there is not much if any diference when i compare them to my wide screen crt
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote