Thread: 300M Saved £20 a month
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 15:22   #1
benbb
cf.member

benbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Saved £20 a month

I'm more of a lurker of these boards but I thought I ought to share this with you guys.

I previously rang up Virgin Media about 6 months ago and upgraded from Vivid 200 to Homeworks Vivid 300.

However I noticed that my bill was getting very expensive, especially with the new price hikes. £68 a month for just broadband (no phone/TV).

I recently decided enough's enough and rang up Virgin Media. Got straight through to a lovely lass at the call centre and explained that I'm paying too much.

With a few clicks she removed the Homeworks which was costing me £20 a month and I wasn't using it and I'm still on Vivid 300.

Worth a ring if you don't use the Homeworks Antivirus crap and don't need the super-fast engineer call out for the very rare occasion the broadband goes down.

Update:

Also since changing my speedtest results seem a lot higher (since the lass on the phone rebooted the Superhub, must have updated the config or something)

Update 2:

The increased speed is because I've been upgraded to the Vivid 350 package apparently. Woo!

Last edited by benbb; 15-11-2017 at 17:17.
benbb is offline   Reply With Quote