View Single Post
Old 16-10-2016, 19:23   #27
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
So what's stopping them from doing that when the streetworks hit the register?

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

I'm pretty sure the longest period anyone can be contracted is 3 years if you're a business. I'm not aware of any contracts over 18 months for consumers for right now, at least from the major players.

Surely when they dig the streets the competition will notice and 'blanket the area with discount' so doing the civils well in advance is a damn stupid thing to do?

Can't have it both ways. Either you keep it quiet until the last minute or you do the civils well in advance. I'd hope you see how these contradict each other if it's that big of a deal giving competitors a heads up. There's always going to be something for contractors to do and most local authorities will permit early starts if it's part of a larger programme.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Just thinking some more are you guys aware that when an area is planned the customers who've signed up on Cable My Street get an email indicating it's on the way? There are roads here that won't be built out to for years that have had that email as the planning has been done. Not exactly the actions of a business obsessing over secrecy.
The construction side will probably be done advance for small infill areas not not major towns and cities.

As for the contract i was surprised when offered it as i hadn't heard of anyone having that type of contract. I didn't take it at the time so who knows if it was a genuine offer?

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Three-year contracts were banned by Ofcom over five years ago. https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...year-contracts
Don't tell me tell Sky, i was offered that so can only comment on what i was offered