View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 19:10   #60
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
100Mb is delivered on 4 bonded channels and just one upstream but alegedly
the ambit 300 modem can't handle it but it can with a 50Mb connection which uses exactly the same and gives more information to the user in the stats pages etc.

Could that be why VM won't allow it?

Infinity 4th April!
Well if they are doing 4 bonded downstreams and only one up on every tier trying to banish the VMNG300 makes no sense at all. I swear I read that it can handle up to 200Mb and we're a couple of years away from that. If they're so worried about costs of upgrading a large number of CPEs, you'd think shifting the modems they have would be a priority. I don't buy Masque saying "oh they only keep Ambit 300s to do like for like swaps in case of failure" either; surely then would be the time to upgrade to the Super Hub, not before? From a business point of view VM are pulling some stupid, half-cocked nonsense it seems.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Uh-oh. See that big streak just before 4pm? Looks like one of those classic "Super Hub" blips to me. If I see more than three in one day, out it comes.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote