View Single Post
Old 20-11-2016, 16:48   #3095
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
If what you're saying is right, jj20x, and Kix is testing on VM, then I am hoping for further Sony/CSC channels yet to launch. I am absolutely dying to see Sony Movies and True Crime and maybe relaunch Scuzz and Chart Show TV. They would be great additions to the VM lineup in my opinion.
I'd call it a placeholder rather than a test until the actual video / audio streams appear across the national network. The Service ID for Kix is 1713 (Transport Stream 17) - it currently shows up in the NIT for:

TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE)
NGRHEE Knowsley
Code Download Test (Portsmouth)
TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE)

As we know from the situation with Fox News, placeholder channels can be around for a long time before the channels go live.

4SevenHD (SID 3503 TS ID 35) and Amazon Video (SID 4403 TS ID 44) show in the NIT for:

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

but as we know, video and audio streams have already been added to customer facing networks for 4SevenHD across the national network, NIT data and encryption should follow shortly.

Fox News (SID 2015 TS ID 20) shows up in the Network Information Table for the following regions:

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

The Worldbox related "Russian Tier" (SID 123 TS ID 1) is in the NIT for:

The French Tier (SID 119) and Polish Tier (SID 120) show up in the NIT for all networks but still no sign of any French / Polish Worldbox apps in the TIVO apps section.

There is still no NIT activity for:

Arabic Hafla
That's Solent

Indicating that test aren't taking place for these placeholders.

Over the last month or so:

TJC moved from TS ID 8 SID 801 to TS ID 19 SID 1916
4Music moved from TS ID 14 SID 1406 to TS ID 43 SID 4310
ClublandAkaChilledNow (the app) closed on TS ID 44 SID 4411 being replaced by Clubland TV TS ID 21 SID 2132 which also links to the IPTV streams app.
XXX Brits took the old XXX Mums space on TS ID 4 SID 415 & 415 (although it took the EPG slot formerly occupied by the My Ex Girlfriends channel)
My Ex Girlfriends was removed from the EPG and from TS ID 19 SID 1911. Although its NVOD service on SID 1907 has not yet been removed from the NIT.

Bay TV Swansea (TS ID 101 SID 10155) has been added. I don't have access to the ex-NTL part of the network so can't see if this has been added to the Swansea / Port Talbot network but it does show up in the NIT for the following "internal" networks (indicating that it may not yet be live):

NGRHEE Knowsley
NGRHEE Bromley

Other changes over the last month:

Minor changes to service names for temporary rebrands, which Media Boy covers in great detail elsewhere.

Bay TV Liverpool (TS ID 101 SID 10152) became Made in Liverpool
Big Centre TV (TS ID 101 SID 10153) became Made in Birmingham.

Frequency changes took place in the Ashford, Croydon, Gateshead, Hayes and TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE) networks, to clear an extended frequency block for DOCSIS 3.1.

This information is for the ex-Telewest, ex-C&W, ex Smallworld parts of the national network, ex-NTL (Langley) NIT data doesn't show up in the scan data.

Last edited by jj20x; 20-11-2016 at 17:18.