View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 21:13   #424
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
As far as I know the fire and smoke spread internally just as quick, the design of the building meant there was only one means of escape, and that was filled with toxic smoke also no fire sprinklers etc.

Are you trying to tell me that a building constructed 50-60 years ago would stand up as well as one built now?

Go outside and have a word with yourself.
Quote:
Firefighters rescued the pair from the fatal flames at 6.30 am, hours after the inferno began.
Link
Look at the 4:00BST picture and tell me it didn't spread externally.
Quote:
Footage has shown the fire spreading up one side of the building externally, before engulfing the entire block.
The initial internal fire had been put out successfully. Before the renovations the exterior would have been bare concrete. Not known for being that flammable. Where did the "toxic smoke" come from but the insulation and to a lesser degree the cladding.

Last edited by nomadking; 04-08-2017 at 21:17.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote