View Single Post
Old 16-10-2009, 23:22   #11
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: Does this motherboard exist?

if you are going to go for a socket 1366 core i7 board stay clear of the gigabyte ex58 extreme.
while it looks nice and has a ps/2 port for both keyboard and mouse and is aimed at overclockers etc, it was the worst mistake i made when i went to a core i7 pc.

it doesn't overclock well although i have managed to get my cpu to 4.0ghz, but for some reason it won't remain prime stable but i can do everything else, on it like video converting and gaming etc so not bothered about that, the main problem for me is the temps that the northbridge and southbridge get to and also the sound is really bad.

i would look at asus or dfi or even msi boards depending on how much you want to spend.

as far as i know the only difference between the 1366 core i7 and 1156 core i5/7 is that they use, dual channel ddr3 where as the 1366 uses triple channel but im sure there is more to it than that but not to sure.