View Single Post
Old 22-08-2016, 20:55   #356
veeemmm

Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
I'm moving to Sky. Even if it costs more I would rather have a reliable service that works, although the introductory discount is very nice, especially with all the extra channels. I quit VM recently (after 15 years of constant suffering) after all the other faults and Tivo bugs. They kept calling me back making better offers begging me to return before I got around to signed up with Sky. Eventually I agreed to a discount appropriate to the poor level of service. Now they send me a letter saying they are putting the negotiated price up, after IMO an awful update with buggy series links that is a backwards step and further annoying customers by removing established useful features like the blue button forcing long-winded workarounds that are a significant compromise and not addressing chronic performance issues. I'm very pleased for those of you who think it is good enough and hope you are happy to invest in the 2017 box but I am finally joining the leaders as all my friends have already done and have been encouraging me to do for years, especially when they come around and laugh watching spinning circles and blank screens waiting for menus and programs to start, not to mention the lack of accurate recordings and PCM audio through my expensive sound system for the past year I hope you don't get to point I got to where you decide enough is enough with 3 price hikes in a year and a service that started off bad and is not getting any better.
Now I'm getting constant C501 errors. Haven't had that for a while. Can't even clear down any more recordings before it goes in the box... And now it has rebooted itself. And yes, I have had plenty of "engineer visits" over the years telling me "yep, thats normal mate. yep they do that mate.", before someone says "there must be something wrong with your box"