View Single Post
Old 30-08-2010, 19:18   #41
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
Let me as an web site owner say this No ISP should be caching any of my page there is code in the page that says do not cach this page, so I found a ISP doing caching of the web page then I would take that ISP to court.

NTL obeyed the code in the pages, so no need to take them to court.
It would be interesting to see how the court reacts. While you are asking that the page not be cached, the court could argue that by publishing a page with no access restrictions, You are relinquishing any right to say how that page is carried.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
That's not what was said. The statement was made that web caching is illegal, full stop. When obviously this isn't the case.
Indeed, caching (for all it's faults) is a fundamental part of how the web works.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote