View Single Post
Old 29-08-2010, 16:24   #35
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Ignitionnet, I am not sure what your aim is here, to ridicule people for trying or to support the ISP.
My aim is merely to point out the rather gaping holes in your logic. You are equating this process by Talk Talk with the use of your content for commercial purposes which obviously isn't the case. Talk Talk are in no way that I can see infringing on your rights as a content owner, they are taking the content, processing and classifying it. Per my previous post by your logic any company that does anything similar is violating your copyrights, which would require you to pursue Microsoft, Google, Symantec and others who will take user reports, analyse the reported sites, and use this data in web shield schemes.

Quote:
As for the caching of websites by ISPs that would be illegal.
Then I'd suggest you contact the police, there are many ISPs that use or have used caching not to mention many private corporations running appliances.

Frankly you're wrong - if you aren't ntl were breaking the law for many years. I don't remember seeing you or any other content provider launching any kind of legal action or reporting this criminal activity.

Quote:
Do you own a website that you have designed, built and written a lot of the content for?
Yes and it's irrelevant in any case. What I have or have not done has no bearing on this matter.

If you think you've a strong case get the court summons issued and report them to the police if you think their actions are illegal. If it helps this may be useful.

If they were copying your content verbatim and passing it off as their own I'd be totally with you, as it is they are scanning the pages their customers are visiting for malware and classifying it. If anyone should be offended it is their customers whose privacy this potentially endangers, I am at a loss as to how this prejudices you or violates your rights as a content holder.

If automated processing of content for malware / virus detection purposes is an issue does this mean if I create a program I can charge Google if their GMail service virus scans it? Does this make the scanning of any content by a virus scanning program a violation of its' copyright?

If you could address this, my main point, presented in these several ways rather than incorrectly stating caching is illegal, trying to garner sympathy as a content producer, and trying to assess why I disagree with you it'd be most appreciated.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote