View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 18:56   #60
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Stuart by giving that information here that will signal the route/s I am going down.

If anyone is really interested in what is going on, the whole thing is documented at http://www.the-phoenix-broadband-adv...ic,1828.0.html complete with copies of correspondence.

BTW All, please read my posts and don't make assumptions about what I write.

I will not be bothering to reply again.
I have seen the quality of the spelling and grammar in your correspondence with Charles Dunstone along with your implications that you have legal advice, though this is questionable given the content within those emails.

I note you claiming that Stalk Stalk is illegal - I have doubts. It's not Interception by the RIPA definition any more than an ISP scanning one's email for viruses could be considered as such.

Trying to claim 10 pounds per connection from Stalk Stalk doesn't strike me as something that'll go down too well in court.

Claiming copyright breaches - I don't see how Stalk Stalk is breaking copyright any more than a visitor to your website is breaking copyright. Yes, we download your content too.

Complaining about ignorance of robots.txt is a bit odd, the robots.txt file is for things like the Google spider which traverse through links, etc, of sites. It is in no way respected by caches. If the Stalk Stalk software is merely replaying customer requests it is not a spider, so no need to honour robots.

I just went to two of your sites - there is zero cache control on there. Odd that, given caching is illegal according to you, you do none of the well known mechanisms to prevent it. I even went as far as capturing a full packet level transaction for each to see if there were any HTTP 1.1 cache-control headers present. Couldn't see any.

Your .org.uk website selling site design. IANA but I understood that a postal address is required for websites which are offering goods / services?

You don't appear to have a limited company registered at Companies House - somewhat odd that you are looking for business on your design site and claim to have designed million hit per month sites. Can't see such million hit per month sites anywhere on your portfolio or even a reference to building such sites either - strange, I would have thought this would be a fantastic selling point.

I would suspect that keeping the information on your site is purely about driving traffic to that site up. As it will inevitably be looked at by Talk Talk there is certainly no legal motive there.

I really, really am looking forward to seeing if any legal action happens. I must confess some doubts that it will, especially having seen the emails which will, inevitably, be used as part of the action. I am sure that what could be construed as an attempt to extort Talk Talk will go down fabulously.

Yep I may well need some popcorn.

Bye!

EDIT: Just read your recruitment thread on Think Broadband. Nice touch having the correspondence initially in the open then making it registered users only. Pretty lame excuse, if you could happily spot the Stalk Stalk boxes, they apparently being their two DNS servers, it seems odd it would suddenly get more difficult and require you to make the site registration only.

If you were that concerned about your site's security from Stalk Stalk's boxes you'd just HTTPS it - it is hosted by a company that gives free SSL after all.

Someone posting how you aren't a dictator is also a nice touch, enjoying the advertising and non-answers in your own posts too.

Still at least we get to the crux of what you're after in the end - money.

Amusing.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote