View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 16:09   #52
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

It's not a requirement of HTTP that that meta is respected, HTTP 1.1 cache-control headers are an obligation.[COLOR="Silver"]
Yep.. Looks like I misread my own info..

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Sorry, any breach of a Statute is against the law, whether the recourse is via the Criminal or Civil Courts. Statutes passed by the UK Parliament and given Royal Assent under the Royal Assent Act are Laws not something you can obey if you feel like it and ignore if you don’t. Also don’t forget EU Directives and Precedents apply in the UK.
No one is arguing that you can ignore statutes. You can't. We are merely pointing out that breaking a site's Terms and conditions is not actually illegal. Any action you perform that breaks those Ts&Cs may be illegal, but Ts&Cs themselves are not legally binding.

I do believe, however, that UK copyright law allows for a form of caching though. I'll admit, I could be wrong.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote