View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 02:10   #48
Hatari

Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Maybe you need to talk to a good Copyright lawyer. If the T&Cs of a website forbid caching then caching is illegal, that is in the code or robots.txt or any other T&C. Google do not cache sites if told not to nor do any of the major search engines.

As for TT, they have been sent the T&C under which they are permitted to access/attempt to access my websites.

As for gaping holes in my logic, I would be interested in exactly what they would be. If TT breaks the T&Cs then there are several routes that will apply. If they obey the T&Cs then they will not be accessing/attempting to access my websites.

Someone mentioned Google. As part of the agreement with Google a site will be malware free, else Google have the option to remove it from the search indexing. Google index some of my sites with my permission. If I change robots.txt to bar Google, Google stops indexing. In addition, as I mentioned above Google does obey non-caching code on pages.

TT has ignored robots.txt on some of my sites, which bars them.

Now if you want to know what I am doing about it you will have to wait and see as it happens. Sorry this is a public forum and I am not going to publish for the world to know what or when I am doing this or that. Yes, I will publish what has done, as I have to date but only after it is done.