Thread: Racing (Car) Formula 1 2014 Season
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47   #173
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula 1 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
What do people think of the conspiracy theory doing the rounds in the BBC comments section that Rosberg deliberately made those 'mistakes' under team orders?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29102305
If he did then he's a fool - even if he'd been told to do but it he shouldn't have. But I don't believe it. The truth is that Hamilton was quicker all weekend, probably by as much as a quarter of a second a lap, and Rosberg had already made the same mistake earlier in the race when actually the risk would have been to hand victory to Williams. Hamilton put him under pressure at the right time - against the advice of Peter Bonnington don't forget - and Rosberg couldn't handle it. If Hamilton wins this championship then it will because of this psychological victory, imo.

I don't half feel sorry for Rosberg being booed again though - really not deserved. He isn't as good as his car so it stands to reason he's going to make mistakes.

Delighted to see my team 3rd and 4th and well on their way back. Shame about Bottas' start, I think he'd have challenged second place more than Massa, but in truth that's not their race. Yet.