View Single Post
Old 23-08-2017, 14:52   #193
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
You dont seem to find anything funny, so no surprise there.

Do you really think most people are going to apologise because some mardy ass decided to take the hump over something posted.

Are you for real ? its so far off good, its out of sight. You would have loved the 1984 world.
Nonsense, I have a wonderful sense of humour. I saw him make that 'joke' about her child with Downs Syndrome and didn't find it funny.

Most decent people don't go out to upset people and are horrified to learn about it when they have inadvertently done so. They will only be too happy to apologise, but aren't compelled to do so. However, by not sorting out the issue in an informal manner, they would run the risk of prosecution and all that that entails.

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Just to add people will not be thinking twice about what they post as they can have any negative postings or whatever removed now so total failure on that score as well.
Yes, it's interesting that these two things are coming out at roughly the same time. I guess people will be advised to take screenshots as evidence.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I think it might just be a way of stifling debate if we aren't careful..Maybe Rotherham is a lesson to us about being afraid to say and do what is right because of the possible perception of causing offence by the powers that be.
I don't think that anybody wants to see healthy debate stifled in any way, but I'm sure there is a middle ground where people are free to express themselves without the use of offence, insulting behaviour etc
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote