View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 21:42   #442
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Blue Badges have always been about physical restrictions to moving around. Being blind is not a physical restriction from getting to A to B, just finding the way.

Even the old DLA rules didn't count.
From the gov.uk website for Blue Badge online application (for a Leeds postcode).

Quote:
Select one of the options below

Reason for applying

I am over the age of two and registered as blind (severely sight impaired)

I have either a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) or a BD8 form, signed by a consultant ophthalmologist, stating that I am severely sight impaired (blind) and I wish to be registered as severely sight impaired (blind) with my local authority

I receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance

I receive a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) as I meet a 'Moving Around' descriptor for the Mobility Component because I either cannot stand or can stand but walk no more than 50 metres. This is a score of 8 points or more.

I receive a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement

I receive a tariff within 1-8 (inclusive) of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been assessed as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.

None of the above apply. Press Next for more options.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote