View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 09:49   #3109
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
How do you go about finding out what GHZ is running off and how do you change it over to 5ghz?
Hi there,

You have to type in the router IP address on your web browser (192.168.1.1).

Once signed in (password is on the bottom of your Superhub 3), go to the Wireless settings down the left hand side and then Security sub menu.

The 2.4 and 5g both have the same wireless name and password. If you amend the 5g wireless name (I just added 5ghz on the end for mine)but kept password the same. Then save the changes.

You then have to go to your V6 network settings, connect by Wi-Fi and it should be able to see both 2.4 and 5g Wi-Fi names. Click on the 5g name and enter your password...my connected fine and works perfectly.

I even connected my PS4 Pro too...5ghz wi fi is much quicker. I'm lucky that the PS4 and V6 in living room are close to the router with the 2nd V6 in the bedroom above the living room, so the distance isn't too far.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 20-04-2017 at 10:11.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote