View Single Post
Old 24-12-2016, 17:54   #56
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Southern rail strike talks to be held on second day of commuter misery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I support anyone's right to withdraw their labour, what don't you understand about that and who does wilkinson work for when he made those comments, is it the government, I keep hearing about that union bozo and his speech, that's been all over the news but the crush the unions and boot out anyone who isn't a doormat seems to have slipped under the radar.
So you support the unions calling people out on strike for spurious reasons?

Again, whatever politicians may be saying out of frustration, the issue is between the unions and the employer, and the Government is concerned with its contract with Southern. The Government certainly shouldn't get embroiled with negotiations with the unions!

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Yes, but isn't it strange that there are NO TALKS being arranged. Yes, it may be Xmas. But if l was in charge. I would sit BTH parties round the tables until it was sorted.

I would strip the two franchise of there licence.

and yes support any strike that puts the safety of its workers and passengers first. This is why you pay Union fees like me
Not if safety is a non-issue, Arthur.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
If its NOT about saferty, why are they out on strike. I believe they are on strike as the Gova want to get rid of Guards.

Guards provide safety elemants and they open the doors. And make sure they look after the passenger

Its called safety. Yes, there are many trains, that have drivers only. But this is why the Government doesn't want to get involved. So that Gova can run rings round the Union. This wont happen.

IF, the RMT and ASLEF pulled all there workforce out. You cannot run the railways. Its that simple
They are on strike because the unions are politically motivated.

Safety is being put forward as the excuse, but they have not made their case to justify this as an issue.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote