View Single Post
Old 18-04-2010, 12:28   #10
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: 3 Weeks to replace 5 metres of phone cable!

This piece of cable is multicore and yes, the tech did try another pair without success. What bothers me is I've now been told replacing this cable might not solve the problem, as the fault could be anywhere between the master socket and the router 1/2 mile away.

Do the techs not have a test phone they can plug into my pair in the cab to see if it works back to the router? I would have thought a test like this would have been carried out at the original assesment. I also dread to think of the wait we might have if we need a re-pull to the cab, or will this be factored in when the contractor comes to replace and test the phone cable.

I'll call VM on monday and see if they'll set up a divert in the meantime.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote