View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 20:18   #49
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: A strange but telling question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
And yet, Cox smirkingly tells us the "facts" about the Cosmos, the Stars an' everythin' without knowing if any of it is true. He is best roundly ignored for spouting unverifiable opinion. Actually, I suppose it goes to prove your point about free speech but perhaps not as intended
It's true as far as current scientific knowledge understands.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Quote:
Unverified 'facts' are proof of nothing. My own Theory of irrelevance: COx=£4bs2.

If Prof Cox was a poster here, you'd be the first to ask him for a link to his proclaimed 'evidence' .
If it's a fact it is by definition not unverified

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Nah, his pontifications don't merit discussion.
Well if what he talks about is beyond your intellect, fair enough, don't worry yourself about it. I find him clear, passionate and undeniably knowledgeable. Furthermore he has done for physics what Attenborough did for natural history, made is accessible for the masses.

He should congratulated not dismissed by the ignorant