Thread: Boris Johnson
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 16:57   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Labour's Direction Under Jeremy Corbyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Mr Johnson's comments maybe a little insensitive but don't attack a whole people group for who they are. He probably should apologise for causing offence even if he believes what he said is true and not intended to cause offence.
The problem in this country these days is that humour has been sacrificed in favour of political correctness.

Does anyone think the burka looks like a letterbox? If so, you should be able to say so, at least in the context of how Boris made his comparison. It was not done in a hateful way, and that's what those who want to exercise their right to be offended are missing.

When I wore my dear old puffa jacket last winter, I was told I looked like Michelin Man. Was I offended? Of course not, I laughed (and haven't worn it since!).

I resent the fact that some people are trying to undermine British ways, such as our sense of humour, to make ridiculous political points.