View Single Post
Old 28-09-2010, 20:38   #9
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Re: Will virgin do VOIP soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Looks like I need to re-read up on VoIP. I thought there was a significant difference between consumer VoIP e.g. Vonage, and any IP telephony the networks used
I work in the industry if you need any info / pointers.

BT are on the way to moving everybody from the TDM platform to IP. It makes it far easier to manage, everything can be put through one set of switches as opposed to two completely different incompatible switches, and segregated on packet level.

The tech VoIP companies use is SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), and is markedly different to pushing voice as IP on the back-end, which is what happens now.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote