Thread: UBR up-grades
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:31   #11
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: UBR up-grades

And as synner said - upgrade dates come and upgrade dates go, but upgrades dont!!

My experience was jan - jul last year, and each time I called the upgrade would be in the next couple of weeks or so.

In the end I made an official complaint to them - not so much about the issues with my connection (though that was annoying), but about the ever changing dates and the promises broken.

The next day I got a call from a nice lady in Scotland - she was a senior complaints manager or something. She seemed to be in a position to knock heads together and get things done and within two weeks things were sorted. I felt that she kept me in the loop with regards to developments, and even called a couple of times after the upgrade to check that things were still OK. She restored my faith in VM customer service.

I dont know if there ever was an actual upgrade or not, but on 'upgrade day' my connection changed from ubr01 to ubr04 - which sorted my issues. So if they just swapped my ubr to shut me up or not I suppose I will never know!!

Now I know that others may well jump on me for saying this, but if you feel that you are only getting X% of your connection speed then it seems fair that while you have issues you should only be paying X% of the monthly subs. I would phone VM and ask for an ongoing credit backdated to when the ticket was opened until the 'fault' is resolved.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote