View Single Post
Old 26-09-2017, 21:31   #24
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Tory free schools policy results in girls as young as four forced to wear hijabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
State funding of Faith schools was not implemented by either the Tories or the Tory/Lib Dem coalition.
Agreed but the Conservatives have significantly encouraged non-council schools through funding and enabled council schools to convert to faith schools. I appreciate that this was done with the best of intentions but it has resulted in unintended consequences as I have illustrated with the Evening Standard article.
I'm not against any particular religion, but I think that inadequate regulation has let extremism in and that funding of religious schools should be debated more robustly. All schools should seek to integrate children into society and to understand the country's values.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote