Thread: Ping Test
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 19:49   #6
Noggo
Inactive

Services: VM XL broadband, Sky+ TV and BT phone
Noggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation eraNoggo has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Ping Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Rogerson View Post
we use to watch Simply TVs Russian TV channels. At the best time of the day when I am getting full speed the Ping Test shows a delay of 68 ms and this gives rise to some freezing of my received picture. This rises to 103ms at the worst times (9pm to 11pm) when download speed drops to 9MB.
If the server that you are getting the feed from is in Russia then your ping of 68ms is good. I sometimes play on Russian games servers and anything around 60ms is alright (when everything is running OK).

I would suggest using a program like Ping Plotter or Visual Route to trace the route to the server, it might show up where the problem lies. You might be getting a lot of packet loss somewhere. Shouldn't think it's Russian side at 9-11 pm as it would be the middle of the night in most places, so off-peak.

Post the server IP or address where your getting the feed from
Noggo is offline   Reply With Quote