View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 15:53   #13
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: 1 high beep one low beep on boot-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBooth
My friends machine, while he was listening to music, suddenly decided to reboot, and when it does, it comes up with "ROM BIOS checksum error. Please insert system disk"

I'm going to have a look at my friends machine this evening, but am just curious about the best course of action. I'm sure he has an Award BIOS. According to the many websites I've visited, it's a non-fatal error. Any suggestions as to what could cause it to blow a sparky like that?

PS: My neighbours machine refuses to reboot and all he gets is a blank screen, no beeps, nothing. They seem to be related (the problems, not the neighbour and my friend!).

Again, any suggestions?
As people have already mentioned, get a bootable floppy, stick AWDFLASH on it along with the latest BIOS for the motherboard, whack it in, flash the bios .. job done.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote