View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 12:22   #7541
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I totally agree with you. These things are kept tightly-guarded secrets known only to one or two people.
My own view is that BT is in a spot of bother now. If you read the many press reports it's looking to sell some overseas IT consulting subsidiaries after ten years of fraud was discovered in its Italian subsidiary! BT needs to take fewer risks now and it needs VM's cheque to pay for the Premier League rights. With VM expanding its network, it's arguably in a stronger position than at the last time the two of them sat around the negotiating table.
You have been listening to that wise old sage too much again Andrew.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Agreed. There was also an article a month or so back that said that Amazon had been in talks with VM and VM's management were keen on the deal but the parent company (Liberty Global International) over-ruled them as they felt Amazon was a long-term strategic threat. And before that, I think someone reported Amazon testing on VM too.
Certainly, there was more evidence for Amazon arriving than BT Sport leaving!
If''s , but's and maybe's Andrew.