View Single Post
Old 16-12-2008, 19:36   #53
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media to dump neutrality and target BitTorrent users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Yes they do.

They pay for a CONTENDED service, as such they pay A LOT less than what you pay for the gaurenteed level of bandwidth that a leased line provides.
So because there is such a thing as a priority broadband service called a leased line, we have to make the obvious differences between the two and are not to have any expectations of the Virgin one?

Quote:
The problem lies with people having unreasonable expectations of what their money should get them.
They would be the expectations that were given as the reason as to why you should sign up with Virgin.

Quote:
If I go to an all you an eat buffet then sure, I COULD eat everything, if I did I'd get a bargain, but I'm not going to. The restaurant knows this, so they offer a contended service that costs a lot less than if they were cooking it all just for me.
You are wrong. and it's a pretty bad analogy.
You think it works for you because you said I'm not going to try changing it to I am going to try to and see how your argument turns out.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote