View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 14:11   #1
tt2011
Inactive

tt2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Still waiting for an installation date a month later

We moved on Aug 17th and have now been without TV, internet or a home phone for over a month. Virgin gave us the install date of 31st August but never checked the cables and so on installation day the engineers took 5 minutes to say the 'wrong' cable was present and another team was needed. They never showed up. We spoke to the movers team at Virgin and they now claimed that the cables were damaged by 3rd parties doing works on the water or gas pipes in the road.

The actual engineering/installation team are impossible to get hold of by telephone, either the call is not answered or when i got the movers team to call them, they replied with:
"We are waiting for authorisation to do the work".

Sounded feasible. A week later, I chased and was told that the work had been authorised and would be completed in a minimum of 3 weeks.

I'm not the most patient person and so after 2.5 weeks of inaction (i.e. no-one digging up the road I called back to find out how progress was going, only to be fed the same line I was given over 2 weeks previously:

"We are waiting for authorisation to do the work".

This now means that we have been lied to at least once, but also that we have no idea if this work will EVER take place.

This situation is dreadful and very unprofessional, we are now a month without vital services and our area has very limited mobile coverage so we are pretty much cut off whilst at home.

Latest update from a very honest member of the Install team have twice asked contractors to dig and photograph the damage so that virgin can claim back the costs from whomever did the damage. Twice they have received photo's of ... a tarmac path with no markings. they didn't even dig.

Anyone had anything similar and found a way of speeding things up or know someone within the organisation that could help?

Cheers
tt2011 is offline   Reply With Quote