View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 10:39   #37
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
There been issues in the Area 30, with over subscibing, in Newark.
Yeh the offshore people don't know what a T3 is as it not in there script.

Time before last I phone up they wanted to send me a new Hub 3 and I said I just got one, whcih I had about a month or 2 ago.
I already knew my issue then was upstream issue, at that point.

I have now got to the point, of not phone Tech Support, as normally pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I agree and on the one time every 2-3 years I ring them they manage to make me want to kill someone. I never ring them because I expect them to help me, I do it to try and make them aware there is a network fault that needs resolving and the only way you seem to be able to do it these days is for a tech to come out and realise there isn't anything he can do and escalate it.

I can't believe they don't have the tools to either see hundreds of modems have just dropped off a particular cmts and/or bandwidth usage has just taken a nose dive possibly suggesting a tonne of customers have just lost their connection. Once they realise something is abnormal they can then start to investigate why.

The first line lot aren't trained to raise or spot outages, all they're really trained on is:

Is your connection down? (Can you get online?)
Is it your fault (i.e. modem IS connected to the network) or Virgin's?
If it's Virgin's, is there a reported outage? If not, book a tech.

Anything beyond that will cause issues and because us lot on the forum are generally tech savvy, we don't tend to ring in unless it's something "odd" - intermittent, slow speeds, etc. and that throws them off.

In any case, outages are picked up mostly by the outage team "sweeping" for blocks of booked techs clumped together. It's very rare that a first line agent - onshore OR offshore - ever reports an outage directly. If your entire street is down but only 2 people have reported it, chances are it's not getting fixed until the first engineer comes out to investigate - and he might still not be able to fix anything and have to escalate it. If 3 people have reported it (depending on the node size), it'll get escalated right away and a network engineer will look into it a lot faster than a fault tech will.

That's why I always say on here to phone Virgin, even if you KNOW it's an outage, phone them and go through the tedious diagnostics to get an engineer booked. They won't book an engineer willy-nilly because, believe me, every other person phoning up demands an engineer for stupid **** so they have to make the effort to check it's not just you forgetting to plug your modem in or something daft like that.

TL; DR report it or forever hold your peace.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote