View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 02:00   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Strange phone call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
So I get a call (to my mobile) from someone claiming to be Virgin Media.

(Sounded like a foreign call centre).

Apparently they have great news, they are going to give me a "massive" discount

Hmm, so I say "ok, what kind of discount" ?

At that point they start asking me about my security questions.

*Ding ding* Alarm bell rings.

I pointed out that they had rung me (out of the blue) and not the other way around.
No way was I going to answer my security questions to a random caller who could be anyone.

They rang off .................
To be fair they'd need to ask those type of questions for data security. If a company has to call you urgently they can't take it for granted they are actually talking to the customer. They would need to ask a couple of quick security questions before divulging potential sensitive info.

My Dad and I have the same name. When i lived with my parents I wouldn't have been too pleased if my doctor, bank or employer called the house asking to speak to me then started to blurt out my personal info to my Dad.

Best thing to do if your unsure is tell them you'll call back yourself and ask them to add a note on their system as your concerned about the legitimacy of the call.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote