View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 13:25   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Mobile increases Monthly Tariffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Just received letter from Virgin Mobile notifying of a 2.5% increase from 22 July on my Galaxy S3 contract. Is this grounds for cancellation of my contract?
The increases apply to contracts from before the 22nd of January. The terms stated that you can only cancel without penalty if the change is 'significant' i.e. more than the RPI, which this change isn't. So you can't cancel without penalty:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-leg...service.html#5

5.3 Significant changes: We will notify you at least one month in advance of any change coming into effect that (in our reasonable opinion):
(a) where you joined or renewed your contract on or before 22nd January 2014, will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the previous twelve month period in the Retail Prices Index (or any future equivalent) published by the Office for National Statistics; or

(b) where you joined or renewed your contract on or after 23rd January 2014, will increase the monthly or other periodic Charges for your Contract Allowance