View Single Post
Old 20-05-2010, 09:28   #89
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok?

Got a phonecall in reply to my email. He got me to do a few tweaks, but they were more for wired which he admitted ( 100mbps Full Duplex ) He also reiterated that 3.0mbps was acceptable for a 50mbps connection at peak times. Also I questioned what is likely to be the end result if I am getting these slow speeds consitently at peak times. He said basically there was nothing he could, and said there is no over utilization on my UBR either.

I also mentioned contention ratio, which I thought was 50:1. Apparently it was much higher thant this! He was quite avoiding and would not give me an exact figure. I said there should be minimum acceptable standards for 50mbps and really 42mbps @ peak should be the bare mininum. While he agreed, he said this was not possible.

I get a feeling I am going to end up asking for a permanent credit on my account or requesting to leave which is a lot of hassle as have to get a BT line installed along with Sky....
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote