Thread: Budget 2017
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2017, 09:07   #53
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Budget 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Another take on the gold sale

https://www.ft.com/content/5788dbac-...b-00144feabdc0

Remind me who was in charge last time we allowed the bank of England to sell half the gold for rock bottom prices, was it Ted Heath, I really can't recall
So this is where the debate is taking us, going back to seriously half a life time away of political mistakes, ok I have no problem with this.

So Ted Heath was PM early 70’s, just remember who and which party was in power after him and caused the Winter of Discontent, dead bodies piling up, because the grave diggers were on strike, rubbish piling up in street, the electricity going off at certain times of the day because the miners strikes. Cheers, thanks a lot for that Labour.

It took a Tory government to sort that mess out. Then the country suffered again for 13 years from 1997 to 2010, leaving the country penniless again.

It’s always the same with Labour, spend now, payback later, but not really, the Tories have to do that.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote