View Single Post
Old 21-04-2014, 22:18   #1233
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The No campaign's poster campaign was launched this weekend. Labour is now (finally) taking the campaign seriously; the shadow cabinet is due to meet in Scotland and a certain G. Brown is making a keynote speech tomorrow.
I like the more positive approach to their poster campaign. I do feel it has been relentless negative at this point. However I also concede that it's hard to make a positive case for the status-quo without it being almost negative by default, i.e you'll lose all this if you leave. It's much easier to be positive when you don't have reality and much harder when your vision has all the flaws in the open for people to see. Salmond is having a great time portraying a problem-free Scotland.

Still anything closer than 60/40 to No is worrying. It doesn't leave much room to lose ground over the Summer and if the Yes vote does lose but still gets over 40% we may not be able to banish the question for another generation. It will dominate Scottish politics for years to come as the Nationalists will aggregate for another referendum.

My hope so far is at the time draws near people will prove risk-adverse and slide back to No whereas the 'Don't Knows' will also follow the traditional pattern of referendums by opting for the status-quo. Still I think there is a possibility this vote could be lost :rem:.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

To be honest I still think we have the nuclear options of promising more devolved powers should it come to that...
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote