View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 23:12   #3974
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Spent the weekend in Glasgow. First time I was back after spending 6 months there 20 odd years ago as a cash strapped student living in crappy dorms.

I was a bit surprised to learn that Glasgow can actually be quite nice...

Saw Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler perform at Braehead Arena, spent 90 minutes waiting for a taxi afterwards (lovely people in the queue), did the School of Art tour, and had a brief visit to the West End. Drove past my old digs, visited Kelvin Grove Museum (really nice. Cracking Glasgow style exhibit. Nice to see that Dali's Christ on the Cross now has its own room). Lots of memories revisited, mixed emotions...

Worst thing: Some Moron renamed/rebranded/closed The Brewey Tap

Best thing: I'd forgotten how incredibly friendly and helpful the Glaswegians actually are.
We lull you in Next time we'll teach about rebranding
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote