View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 22:36   #3973
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Spent the weekend in Glasgow. First time I was back after spending 6 months there 20 odd years ago as a cash strapped student living in crappy dorms.

I was a bit surprised to learn that Glasgow can actually be quite nice...

Saw Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler perform at Braehead Arena, spent 90 minutes waiting for a taxi afterwards (lovely people in the queue), did the School of Art tour, and had a brief visit to the West End. Drove past my old digs, visited Kelvin Grove Museum (really nice. Cracking Glasgow style exhibit. Nice to see that Dali's Christ on the Cross now has its own room). Lots of memories revisited, mixed emotions...

Worst thing: Some Moron renamed/rebranded/closed The Brewey Tap

Best thing: I'd forgotten how incredibly friendly and helpful the Glaswegians actually are.