View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 15:16   #139
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think they know exactly what they are doing with regard to HD. They are just trying to confuse the opposition!

I think the strategy is to give us the terrestrial HD channels and the rest of HD programming will come from VOD.

The delay in giving us ITV HD and Channel 4 HD may have something to do with the strictly limited HD content at the moment on both of these channels (and also ITV are helping to promote Freesat by giving that platform an exclusive honeymoon period).

I suspect we will be getting Channel 4 HD fairly soon now and maybe ITV HD at the turn of the year(ish).
Partially right, the delay was caused by Channel4 signing an exclusive deal to Sky for channel4 HD when it first launch and ITV signed an exclusive deal with Freesat. Exclusivity boosts numbers for both parties this way. Once these deals comes to an end we will then see more HD added. BBC couldn't sign such exclusive deals because it's run on licence payers money, therefore couldn't with hold the channel from people who pay to fund it.