View Single Post
Old 23-08-2016, 18:42   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Movie 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
What do you want to bet they'll do the same thing to Quidditch Through The Ages, i.e. make that into one or more films?

On the other hand, I'd like to see that/them; I still haven't forgiven them for not showing the Quidditch World Cup in Goblet Of Fire. It's not as though it lasted very long; the novel's narrative clearly established that this was Quidditch being played at speed, as it was of course being played at World Cup rather than school level.
Haven't read the book since childhood but there was a World cup segment at the beginning, was it meant to be longer?

Imo there were far more important things missed out in other books, the entire third film in relation to book appears to be backwards in regards to receiving a Firebolt at the end of the movie rather than the key point in the middle. Another is Dumbledore as a whole, they failed to explore him balancing on the edge of being good/dark with regards to the hallows.

A lot of stuff gets cut to be fair but that's adaptions for you. Still think they were brilliant. The fantasy like Harris portrayal of Dumbledore was great in the first two followed by a Gambon darker Dumbledore which was even better.

Fantastic Beasts looks great though, Farrell looks awesome, just from the trailers. Can guarantee some Cameo's eventually, a younger Dumbledore etc, Grindewald.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-08-2016 at 18:46.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote