View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 13:12   #1128
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
See the standard of name calling and personal insults has degenerated. Predictable as ever CF!

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...-policy-agenda

This is my main fear for Brexit. Govt. Departments are so fixated on it there's no time for anything else. And for what? A massive bill from the EU ! We might get our sovereignty ( we never actually lost it!) but end up with a collapsed NHS and increased poverty as such issues are 'put aside' for years. Personally I'd rather have the Health Service, a properly funded education system and my kids with prospects of housing in the future than be waving my Union Jack.
Indeed and it's increasing costs and reducing efficiency. According to today's FT, "hundreds of government contracts with the private sector that were due to expire are to be automatically extended because civil servants are too busy with Brexit to focus on new and better-value tenders."
Quote:
“You can go through department by department and they all have huge, expiring contracts,” the adviser said. “Brexit has pushed them down the list of priorities so there are lots of extensions and re-extensions of existing deals.”
He added that this was the only way civil servants could prioritise the huge increase in Brexit-related work since the referendum. Many departments have had to second staff onto Brexit duties, while austerity measures since the financial crisis have also taken their toll: according to a recent National Audit Office report, in the past decade the number of civil servants has been cut by 26 per cent.
https://www.ft.com/content/fa80d526-...6-12672483791a or google "UK outsourcing deals extended because of Brexit workload"