View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 20:26   #946
Spaceboyo
Inactive

Spaceboyo is on a distinguished roadSpaceboyo is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think people expecting a total overhaul are going to be rather gutted. It is simply a new smaller faster STB running the same software with a few added extras like built in WiFi, a bluetooth remote and possible streaming to tablets.

It still sounds like it can't compete with Sky Q at all in terms of features. ie the WiFi boosting of all boxes and built in powerline. Soon to be enabled voice searching as well. Also its still only 1Tb which says to me 4K will be limited to On demand and Netflix/YouTube.
Stephen. I think your spot on. It looks (in terms of software just like current TiVo, albeit a hell of a lot quicker!! and I mean quick, you press on the remote five times and it's moved on 5 channels it's very quick, very responsive. Bluetooth remote good, no need to point it at box, hey you could even have the box hidden away if that's what you like.

Have yet to try the full streaming capabilities, apparently we can pause the current playback and pick up on a tablet (iPad in our case) via the TvAnywhere App.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

On a slightly off topic. Do most people have access to the new 3.0 hub? As having had the hub and V6 box installed today they seem to be designed to work together?
Spaceboyo is offline   Reply With Quote