Thread: General VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 16:55   #158
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The pink circles are where the Hub areas are, but aren't specific to each customer for obvious reasons.

You get a specific marker on the map for all other hotspots.
My street has 5 pink circles along it. A careful search of SIDs within those circles reveals not a single Virgin Media WiFi hotspot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
eh? The pink circles *are* superhubs, the public non-superhub spots (the cloud/Arquiva) are red location markers on the map.

Attachment 26972

btw Ben, are you subject to the superhub owners settings regarding parental controls or are controls always on? I noticed that reddit among other sites wasn't responding when using a hubspot.
A close inspection of red markers in every case revealed hotspots, but they were not Virgin. Indeed one I connected to at a red marker was a BTFON hotspot because I have a pure FON router running at home that allows me to connect to all FON spots world-wide.

Last edited by roughbeast; 13-06-2017 at 17:00.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote