View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 23:01   #24
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Re: Sky Sports F1 subscription change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
How much would you pay if you didn't have movies?
I'm not sure ive always had movies, I think maybe £29? But still worth it.

Ok, I've "researched" and it's £21 to add Skysports to your package, so £5.25 a week or less than 20 fags if you're a smoker or 2 pints if you're a drinker. It really is good value in my opinion. Yes I wish government would make it so no one could by exclusive rights to football F1 or any sports infact. That way we would have 10 channels showing F1 or EPL Football EG Virgin sports, BBC Sports, BT Sports, Talktalk sports etc and it would cost £5 a month.

By the way no one complained when the BBC had exclusive rights to F1.

EDIT AGAIN...............

Instead of costly OFCOM investigations into skys dominance,Why don't they just say in the UK its illegal to sell EXCLUSIVE rights to any content, Movies/Sports/HD/ etc. The companies won't leave the UK or take their content out the UK our market is too big. Someone needs to start a E-petition to ban the exclusive sale of Sports/Movie rights. Problem is solved overnight.

Sky won't pay £2 billion for Football rights if they aren't exclusive, the rights auctions wont get half as much money. Lets face it, we can buy..lets say....I don't know.......Broadband Internet from 30+ providers, so the price is cheap in the UK, But if we could only buy it from BT they would dictate the price.

We can only buy premier league football from BT or Sky next season, but if all football packs were available to all providers then they would give it us free as they would pay much less. You don't have 2 providers paying £3billion, you have 10 providers paying much less.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I pay £5 for Sky Sports 1-4, News, F1 & ESPN on the Sky Sports TV app why would I pay £13 for all that HD nonsense.

So £13 + £9 for ESPN for what I pay £5 for???
That is absolutely not an option for me, I have a £4000 projector that I use for Sports/Movies in HD.