View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:53   #7
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Expanding Foam as Insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Is it possible to lift the floorboards, and then use rockwool?
Gets my vote,

Expanding foam is good for some circumstances but I wouldn't dream of using it as insulation under a floor because as it expands it will lift the floor boards up, then once it's set your buggered.

Also I would recommend leaving the joist's air to breath, you don't want moisture getting trapped and rotting the timber.

In my man shed at the side of the house I just used the moisture resistant tongue and groove type MDF sheet's you can get from builders merchants but it can be a bit expensive so my money is on the rockwool just for cost and ease.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
You can always get a cavity wall company to blow in rockwool fibre.. Should be the same cost as getting the walls done
Good thinking Bat woman, I like your thinking

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
It isnt, the floorboards go underneath the base of the walls, or should i say the walls sit on the edge of the floorboards, either way, i cant lift them up. I wish i could because i could save money insulating then.
Ooooops, only just saw this sorry , then either Kymmy's idea or build a new floor are your only options really.

That I can think of
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote